Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I did it!!



Ok. So I told you all earlier how today was the day we were getting serious about potty training (for the second time). I won't lie. Today I was almost at the point where I was ready to give up. I started off first thing this morning letting Tucker be naked. A shirt on to keep him warm and that was it. I figured if he didnt have the security of having something there that he would go to the potty. I had been following him around the house for a couple hours asking him over and over if he had to go potty. Then my friend stopped by to drop off her daughter (I babysit for her) and of course I turn around after 1 min of not asking him and he has peed all over our floor. Our carpeted floor at that. I was frustrated yet continue to let him stay naked because I believe consistancy is the key. I am determined to get him potty trained this time. I kept giving him fluids throughout the day and reminding him of his special prize (the new hot wheel) that he would get if he went on the potty. He did not have one accident all day, but he also did not pee on the potty all day. I gave him a bath (where he might have went pee) and then put him to bed. Then I heard from his room, " Mommy!! Need to potty!" He apparently decided it would be a good excuse to get out of bed and...he was right. I got him up and set him on the potty. We waited for about ten mintutes and I walked out of the bathroom for a second and heard the potty playing its little song it plays when he goes! I ran in there and we danced and shouted YAY!! He was so proud of himself. I kept telling him, "you did it!" He would yell back at me, " I did it!" It was such a proud moment for both of us and I am hoping this will pave the way for the next days to come! I captured the "I did it" moment!

This is him saying, "I did it!" :)



In this one you can tell how excited and proud he was by how he is clasping his little hands together!

No comments:

Post a Comment