Wednesday, November 10, 2010

No more bottle!






I was always that parent that said, "When I have a baby they wont do this, or that." Turns out you feel a lot different when you actually become a parent. Who would have known. ;) hehe Anyways, I always said that by age 1, the bottle was gone. Well Tucker just turned 2 and we just got rid of his bottle this week. He still had a bottle just at bedtime and nap time and he was really attached to it. Even if it just had water in it he wanted it. We tried to take it away a while ago and he cried for over an hour and still didn't go to sleep. I thought it was going to be such a long process and I am SO happy to say that it only took three days of crying for only about 10 minutes each day and WE ARE DONE WITH THE BOTTLE! :) My plan was set for his first birthday and he was teething so bad that it was the only thing that calmed him down and got him to sleep at all at night so we felt bad. He has only ever had it at bedtime, never while just being awake and he has never been attached to a pacifier or anything. After his second birthday I decided that was it. I thought it would be harder but he goes right to sleep after just a few nights without it. Life is so much easier without worrying about the bottle. This is now our 4Th night bottle free! My baby is growing up so fast. :( Here is a favorite bottle moment!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! Good job Tucker, no bottles and potty training! Thats awesome Ash!! He is SO DANG CUTE!

    ReplyDelete